Friday, February 12, 2010

New Beginnings

So, you are probably expecting this blog to be about the European bus tour? Wrong-o. I have decided to postpone my blogs about the bus tour with my mom and uncle in order to start a more accurate preservation of my fleeting thoughts and opinions, (i.e. more interesting and less in-depth like a real blog should be.) Hopefully this means that you can expect to see more posts as well, but we'll see what happens as the semester progresses. Anyways, so my two months of carefree (for the most part) traveling have finally come to a close. I am back in Wiener Neustadt (which I need to do a more in depth blog on) preparing for yet another amazing semester in Austria. I just found out today that my roommate will arrive late tomorrow night (which might turn into early Sunday morning because of all of the delays) from Iceland. I did a little research about the country of Iceland, and discovered that the population is a whopping, get this, 320,000 so about the population of Wichita. Speaking of Wichita, these are some of the things that I miss:

1)Late night Wal-Mart runs for groceries
2)The drive across Wichita (from East to West or West to East, sometimes multiple times daily)
3)The long drive to El Dorado...but I don't miss listening to Rush Limbaugh daily!
4)Mostly just driving in general, although I do appreciate the bus and train systems over here in Europa. Don't know what I'd do with em.

5)Also (how could I forget!)...the Chai Tea Lattes from Starbucks. Not Starbucks, I swear. Just the Chai baby, yummmm. And...Chinese food! (I need to find some Chinese here somewhere soon.) Chai and Chinese.
Well that's enough for now, I have to get rested up so that I have energy to hang with all of the new students tomorrow.


Should be an interesting semester, I am excited to see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment