









Since Vienna is only a hop, skip and a jump away from Wiener Neustadt, it only makes sense to travel to the city as often as I can. Last Thursday, Nicole, Olivia and I traveled to Vienna for the day. We stopped and got a coffee first of all, and then made our way towards the Museum Quarter. On the way, we took in the majestic sights of the Belvedere Palace, a baroque style palace built in the early 1700s. We also walked through the Burggarten near the Hofburg Palace and took in the sights and sounds that a summer day in Vienna could offer. There were lovers lounging in the park, locals walking their dogs, and artists deep in thought, contemplating the next stroke of their brush. I could not imagine the beautiful weather. Some day I want to just bring a book and nothing else, come to the Burggarten park, and lounge on the sloping terrace all afternoon wrapped up in the comforts of a story. Hopefully the weather will remain nice for awhile so I will be able to do just that. We ended the perfect afternoon with ice cream from Aida, the McDonald's of Viennese desserts. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:
Post a Comment