


I somehow knew that my roommate situation would work out for the best, and boy am I thankful! Justyna is from Katowice, a town just northwest of Krakow in Poland. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate. She is extremely outgoing and has this fabulous sense of humor that you have to witness to understand. Our personalities are similar in the manner that we both take school seriously, but want to have fun at the same time. She has expressed her love of shopping, so I'm excited to go shopping in Vienna with her sometime. She loves to cook, and has offered me some traditional polish dishes on several occasions, such as breaded pork cutlets that her mother sent with her. She is a great friend, even when she acts like a mother. There are also two other Polish girls (Laura and Magda) from Krakow who I have gotten to know. One night they invited me to their room for Kisel, a popular polish dessert that reminded me of jello, but a thinner consistency. They also served tea with a kind of berry syrup poured into it, which was truly delicious. The two together (along with cookies) made for an extremely sweet meal. Just this past weekend, the girls got together to host a polish party. They made Pierogi, one of the most famous polish entrees. Pierogi consists of boiled dumplings with various ingredients. Not only did they provide us with some food, but also some drinks. Let's just say that the polish vodka helped me along on my quest to find my "tipping point," although I have yet to reach it. Justyna also enjoys traveling, so we are in the process of planning several trips. Right now, Budapest, Munich & Florence are at the top of the list. Hopefully everything will fall into place!

No comments:
Post a Comment